Athlete Profiles & Grants
Post an athlete profile and you could receive up to $200 in athlete development funds from SportiCal!
This program has been discontinued and SportiCal will be closing effective December 1st, 2020. I'm pleased to have been in a position to give back over the past year of business. The program has given away $2,000 to athletes and supported PaddleAll programs.
more details »
How it works
- Your association/club must have a SportiCal account (including free accounts)
- Post a new/updated athlete profile between December 1st, 2018 and November 30th, 2019
- Profiles will be reviewed by an administrator of your association/club’s SportiCal account
- You must be a member in good standing of your association/club (and submit a scanned permission form if under 13 years)
- Profiles will be featured on SportiCal and/or your association/club’s web site
- Grant recipients will be featured on SportiCal accounts nationwide, and SportiCal social media campaigns.
- By submitting an athlete profile you grant permission to use the photographs and information for any legal use, including but not limited to: publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content. Furthermore, you understand that no royalty, fee or other compensation shall become payable to you by reason of such use.
Who will receive grants?
- We anticipate selecting 1 or 2 athletes per quarter (i.e. in March, June, September, and December)
- Selection will be based on quality and originality of profile. Please submit your very best! We will also consider a balance of male and female athletes, regional representation, and diversity of development stages.
- Athletes Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) stage will be verified with the association/club’s head coach at time of selection. If you are unsure of your stage please consult your coach before submitting your profile.
- Payment will be made to your club/association. Your association/club’s treasurer or executive director will be responsible to disperse funds.
- Submitting a profile does not guarantee you will receive a grant, and SportiCal and/or your association/club may limit or discontinue the program at any time.
- Raise the profile of athletes within each association/club, and in the broader SportiCal community
- Promote Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD), and recognize importance of all stages
- Generate awareness about the role of SportiCal as a tool for associations/clubs to help with athlete recruitment, tracking and development
- Grant amounts will be based on Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) stage
- FUNdamentals, Training to Train/Developmentals, Active for Life - $50
- Learn to Compete/Transformation, Training to Compete/Pursuit of Excellence - $100
- Training to Win - $200